Can you outline the process?
- Client submits photos and/or sketch via email, Basic Builders emails questionnaire; client returns questionnaire.
- Basic Builders prepares preliminary proposal.
- If proposal falls within your budget, we will schedule a measurement/design consultation site visit.
- Proposal is revised as necessary.
- Proposal is signed and deposit is sent. Installation dates are scheduled.
What is your typical schedule outline of Kitchen Installation?
- Day 1: Old cabinets/appliances ripped out
- Day 2: Electrical work: update outlets to GFI, add outlets as necessary, etc.
- Day 3 & 4: Flooring installed (by others) Please note: Basic Builders no longer offers floor installation services; client is responsible for obtaining those services separately
- Day 5, 6, 7: Cabinets installed
- Day 8: Counter is templated by counter top company. Please note: There is generally a 2-4 week waiting period while the counter top is being manufactured. You will NOT have sink or dishwasher hook ups during this time unless you elect to have a temporary counter installed.
- Day +1 (after counter installed): Backsplash tiled
- Day +2: Backsplash grouted, sink/faucet connected
Will you install cabinets other than Ikea cabinets?
We are extremely pleased with the quality of Ikea cabinets when properly assembled and installed. We have them in our own kitchen. And yes, we will occasionally install non-Ikea cabinets.
What if my project requires a licensed plumber or electrician?
We do not currently have a licensed plumber or electrician with whom we work. We will help source one for your project if possible.
Will you do bathrooms?
At this time, Basic Builders focuses solely on kitchen installations.
How do I book a date?
If you have received our proposal and want to book an installation date, sign the proposal and email it to our office. Once we have received both your signed proposal and your deposit, we will schedule a start date for your kitchen installation.